How to Fix Macbook Keyboard not Working Issue?
Computers are not the perfect devices and your MacBook is no exception. Users often complain about overheating issue, broken MacBook trackpads or poor performance while running on battery. But among all these issues, the most common issue is the malfunctioning of the keyboard. Apple Inc. has admitted the fact that the MacBook laptop keyboards are susceptible to breaking or getting stuck. This happens when a small amount of dust or debris gets collected under the keys. This leads to inoperable keyboards, which in turn irritates the users. If you are looking for affordable ways to fix Macbook Keyboard not working issue then come in contact with us.
The Reinvention of Macbook Keyboards using Butterfly Mechanism:
In order to increase precision in typing, Apple designed a new butterfly mechanism keyboard, which is wider than the earlier scissor mechanism. Moreover, as this new butterfly mechanism keyboard is made from a stiffer material, it results in a more stable key. While using the keyboard, you will get to know that it does not come up with any revolutionary keyboard layout or a different way of typing. Instead, the only alteration will be found in the physical mechanism, right under the key. The main logic behind this design was to save the space and make the MacBook thinner than ever.
Reasons for which your MacBook keyboard not working:
While working on your MacBook or MacBook Pro, if you suddenly find that the built-in trackpad or the keyboard stopped functioning abruptly, there can be various reasons responsible for this:
- Dust or bits of debris gets accumulated under the keys
- Due to outdated drivers or firmware of keyboard
- Conflict of the operating system with the keyboard drivers
- Spilling of any liquid onto the keyboard
- Any recent apps are causing conflict with the drivers
- Improper installation of keyboard drivers
Things to keep in mind before starting the cleaning procedure for Macbook keyboard repair:
It is extremely difficult to know the exact cause of the problem in your keyboard until and unless you have spilt liquid on it, but if it is due to dust accumulation, you can clean the keys of the keyboard to make it dust free. This would solve most of the problems with your keyboard and will improve its smooth functionality. However, before you proceed to clean the keyboards of your MacBook by using compressed air, there are a couple of things which you need to keep in mind:
- It is always recommended to use the supplied straw in order to control the flow of air
- Place the end of the straw at least an inch away from your device
- Don’t dare to turn the air can upside down
- In case there remains liquid in the nozzle, try to spray the first bit of air away from your device
- Always maintain a steady flow of air throughout the process
How to fix the MacBook keyboard keys issues?
As the keys of the MacBook is extremely fragile, it is recommended to proceed with caution. After having a look at the above tips and verifying the same, you could start the process of cleaning by following the instructions given below:
- Pick up your MacBook keyboard and hold it at a 75-degree angle
- Now move the straw over the keys of the keyboard in left to right motion
- After that, rotate your keyboard to the left in order to keep it vertical
- Again, hold the keyboard at 75 degrees
- Blow the air steadily in a left to right motion
- At last, try to rotate the keyboard to the right and accordingly blow the air from left to right
This will solve the problem of your MacBook keyboard if your keyboard is jammed with dust, debris or any other foreign material. Even if liquid gets spilt into it, it will resolve the issue by following this procedure. But if the jammed keys are not the problem, then you need a MacBook keyboard repair for overcoming the issue.
Reach us for affordable MacBook keyboard Repair:
If you are failing to resolve your MacBook keyboard not working issue by following the above-mentioned steps, get in touch with us via call, email or live chat service. You can call us at our helpline number 042053349 for affordable Macbook keyboard Not working Issue. Feel free to chat with our professionals at Macbookrepairdubai through live chat and get appropriate fixes for your MacBook keyboard.